Dates and Sessions
|Monday, June 28 to Friday, July 23||Monday, July 26 to Friday, August 13|
9am - 4pm
9am - 4pm
The Campers’ Day
Full Day Campers select two enrichment courses during the Morning Workshops and three Afternoon Challenge options which are sports or additional enrichment classes. Full Day Campers are provided with a hot lunch and mid-afternoon snack.
Here is a sample schedule for Full Day campers:
8:50– 9:00 a.m. Arrival at The Leffell School
9:00 Morning Workshop – Enrichment Option 1
10:30 Morning Workshop – Enrichment Option 2
1:00 Afternoon Challenge – Period 1
2:00 Afternoon Challenge – Period 2
3:00 Afternoon Challenge – Period 3
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Session 1: Monday, June 28 to Friday, July 23 (four weeks) $3,300
Session 2: Monday, July 26 to Friday, August 13 (three weeks) $2,600
Both Sessions: Monday, June 28 to Friday, August 13 (seven weeks) $5,900
A deposit of $1,000 tuition is required upon registration for Challenge Camp 2021. The balance is due on or before May 1, 2021. In the event a child withdraws prior to May 1 all payments are refundable. For a withdrawal after May 1 but prior to June 1, refunds will be subject to an administrative charge of $500 per child. There is no refund for any money paid after June 1, 2021. All withdrawals must be in writing. No material fees will be refunded after June 1st for class changes.
Full payment is due by May 1, 2021. Please note that certain courses may be subject to a materials fee. See details in the relevant course description on this website.
Optional Early Morning
Beginning 8:00 a.m.
Session 1: $140, Session 2: $110; Total: $250
Optional Extended Day
4:00-6:00 p.m. (includes a healthy snack)
Session 1: $325, Session 2: $275; Total: $600
There is a $200 tuition discount for each additional child enrolled for a full day 7 week summer; $100 reduction for the full day 4 week session and a $75 discount for the full day 3 week session.
If you are interested in bus transportation, please contact the camp office (914) 779-6024 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the transportation interest list. We are waiting on guidance from the NY State and Westchester County Health departments regarding regulations for this summer. We anticipate offering bus service from Manhattan at centralized stops this summer instead of door to door.
Policies and Procedures
You must complete your camper’s health profile and required forms on our Online Portal, http://app.campdoc.com/register/challengecamp, prior to the start of camp.
Students must select their workshops based on their current grade level. Early registration is recommended to ensure student’s first choice of workshops. The Director reserves the right to cancel any workshop if the enrollment is insufficient. In the event of cancellation, the child will be permitted to transfer to another course. All course descriptions and instructors are subject to change without notification. No material fees will be returned for class changes after June 1.
All programs are closed on Monday, July 5th. For compliance with our COVID protocols, we will not host an Open House Celebration is held on the final day of each session. We look forward to welcoming parents on campus in future summers.
Complimentary camp T-shirts will be distributed on Picture Day each session.
For compliance with our COVID protocols, guests will not be permitted this summer. In a typical summer, guests to the program for one day will be permitted at the discretion of the directors and subject to space availability. Cost: morning $100, afternoon $100, full day (lunch included) $200.
The camp is not responsible for personal property of the campers. There will be no reimbursement for missing possessions.
For new participants it is necessary that a letter from the school district in which the child is currently enrolled accompany or follow the registration form. The letter should indicate that the child has been identified as gifted, talented and/or an accelerated learner.
Rules for Campers
- Campers should realize that their conduct should reflect their home and school training.
- Campers must demonstrate proper respect when using school facilities.
- Campers must walk quietly in the hallways.
- Children must have a buddy when going to the bathroom or nurse’s office.
- No food is permitted in the classrooms. Any vending machines will not be accessible to the children at any time.
- Campers must show proper respect towards teachers, coaches, counselors and other campers.
- Campers are expected to manifest the highest degree of sportsmanship at all athletic competitions.
- Campers are to be courteous when entering, riding or leaving camp buses.
- Fighting will not be tolerated and will result in suspension.
- Electronic equipment such as cell phones, gameboys or ipods & cell phones are not permitted at camp.
- Challenge T-shirts are to be worn for Picture Day.
- Campers are to participate in class activities.
- Campers are to place sports equipment in the appropriate sports bin when arriving in the morning. All equipment should be clearly labeled with your name.
- Lost items are to be placed in and claimed from the Lost and Found Box.
- Any valuable equipment to be used in classes (cameras, musical instruments, etc.) will be locked in the administrative office when not in use.
- Any inappropriate behavior on the part of the instructor or counselor should be reported immediately to the director.
- Students must remain in their designated classroom for the duration of the class period.
- Inappropriate language or loud boisterous conduct is not acceptable in the school building.
- Wear appropriate attire for physical activities. Rubber soled footwear is required at all times at camp. Sneakers are recommended for all sports.
- Join your instructors at the designated area when you arrive each morning. Sit attentively at dismissal each afternoon….and have fun at camp!
All Challenge campers must submit a complete health history, medical release form during registration. Challenge has a full time nurse on staff to deal with emergencies and administer any medications your child may require. Challenge Camp is thrilled have partnered with CampDoc.com as part of our continuous efforts to provide the best possible care to our campers and staff. CampDoc.com offers online registration and electronic health record systems for camps.
Please click this link to access the CampDoc system and Register for Challenge Camp.
Challenge Camp uses the award winning Five Star Caterers as our food service provider. A hot lunch and afternoon snack is included with your camper’s registration. This year meals will be provided as a boxed lunch and the menus will be posted prior to the session. Outside food is not permitted on The Leffell School campus without written approval from Five Star.
If your child has a food allergy(s) or concerns please let us know and our Chef will ensure that a meal consistent with your child’s dietary restrictions is available. Challenge Camp is a Nut and Seed Free camp, and can accommodate most dietary requirements. Our caterer will work directly with concerned parents to ensure we can meet your camper’s needs.
Please click the links below for our sample Summer 2019 lunch menus. We will post the Summer 2021 menus when they are finalized.